Monthly Archives: May 2012

The Awkwardness of Common Places: Sip that Coffee and Run

The awkwardness of sitting in a café alone is debatable. It can be said that a lot of people will not feel uncomfortable in this situation. As I am sitting here, in a room filled with late afternoon coffee seekers, … Continue reading

Posted in English | Tagged | Leave a comment

Words

Words bear meaning. Meaning diminishes when too many words are spoken. Meaning diminishes even more when too many words are written and spoken. And too many buttons are pushed only to say and write even more and more words that … Continue reading

Posted in English | Leave a comment

Canción de la semana / Song of the week

“Homesick” – Kings of Convenience

Posted in canción de la semana / song of the week | Tagged | Leave a comment

Chet Baker

Rainy days have an effect on everyone. This may be because humans are mostly made out of water. I suppose that 70% of us wants to fall on the ground mimicking the raindrops. The remaining 30% acts like a vase, … Continue reading

Posted in English | Leave a comment

I don’t want to play football.

I don’t want to play football I don’t understand the thrill of the game I don’t want to play football I don’t understand the thrill of running, catching, throwing Taking orders from a moron Grabbing for the sweaty crotches Getting … Continue reading

Posted in English | Leave a comment

The Awkwardness of Common Places Series: The Long Ride Home

The day at the office is over and everyone starts to leave as they finish up their tasks. It is likely to expect that at least 2 people that know each other from the office in a strictly professional way … Continue reading

Posted in English | Tagged | Leave a comment

Sangre

por Benito, invitado especial (escrito en 2006) VIERNES AL MEDIODIA (Casa de mi hermano): -Che, Benito, ¿podés donar sangre para mi suegro? -Me pregunta inocentemente mi hermano, mientras estaba instalandole internet inálambrica, en lo que se conoce como un combo … Continue reading

Posted in Español | Tagged , | Leave a comment